The Development Assistant is responsible for assisting the Chief Development Officer with day to day department tasks. The Assistant must be able to exercise discretion, prioritize assignments and work under pressure. An eagerness to communicate and problem solve with a positive attitude is essential.
- Assist Chief Development Officer in day to day tasks of the department.
- Manage publication of quarterly donor Newsletter by suggesting topics, writing copy, collecting photographs and other relevant information, coordinating design with our publications department.
- Coordinate auction vouchers for local organizations.
- Coordinate regular update of Special Event information and photographs on the Arena Stage website.
- Participate in regular prospect review sessions.
- Compile and update prospect/donor research profiles for individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Coordinate and facilitate the preparation of materials and planning for events related to committee meetings, individual meetings and/or events with specific donors.
- Assist members of the Development team with special projects as well as fulfilling donor requests.
- Monitor and update RSVP information for Development events.
- Provide back-up in answering Donor Hotline.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required along with 1 or more years of development experience or demonstrably equivalent experience. The candidate must have knowledge of Development and organizational operations; superior organizational and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously. Database experience required; Tessitura preferred. This position requires the ability to prioritize varied and time-sensitive projects; the ability to work both independently and in a team environment; anticipation of departmental needs and creativity. A professional and cordial demeanor, tact and diplomacy are imperative.
Click here to apply.