Fall interns will have an opportunity to work alongside DHS employees, gain critical work experience, and build invaluable relationships. The WHLO Intern Program provides a robust and exciting experience where participants feel challenged with substantive projects and are afforded unique exposure to various sections and components of the Department.
How to Apply:
- Email your resume, completed application, statement of interest, transcript and one letter of recommendation to WHLOintern@HQ.DHS.GOV by midnight, Thursday, August 14th. Early submissions of applications are encouraged.
- On your resume, be sure to include your GPA, work experience, community service, and updated contact information.
- Must be enrolled at a university, college or community college at least part-time
- Must be able to pass a full background check
- Available to work at least 20 hours a week for a minimum of 8 weeks
- Office of Legislative Affairs
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Public Affairs
- Office of Policy
- White House Liaison’s Office
- National Protection Programs Directorate
- Customs and Border Protection
- Immigrations and Customs Enforcement
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Transportation Security Administration
- Federal Emergency Management Administration
- United States Secret Service
- United States Coast Guard
Once students have been interviewed and selected, they will need to be cleared through security, which takes 4-6 weeks. After students have been cleared, it is then that a start date will be set for the student to commence their internship in the fall.