Interns must be available to work 24-40 hours per week. This internship is unpaid. We are looking for an intern to begin early September 2015. Interns must commit to at least 4 months, but preference will be given to those who can continue through the spring semester 2016, pending a midterm review.
- Assisting with grant proposal design and development for country and regional programs, including but not limited to detailing theories of change, drafting logframes, and developing M&E plans and indicators.
- Researching contextual information to enhance program design.
- Editing reports from country offices for language and fluidity.
- Assisting with donor reports and other communications.
- Maintaining the MENA team’s communications strategy, including compiling updates from country offices, revamping website content, and creating visibility pieces for social media.
- Collaborating with other departments to share MENA expertise.
- Provide front desk back-up support through greeting visitors, answering calls and receiving packages during the receptionist’s lunch hour. (For this service you will remunerated if eligible to work in the US.)
- Planning travel and meeting logistics
- Performing other supportive duties as needed.
- Perform French and/or Arabic translations if possible.
- BA or MA (completed or in progress) in international relations, conflict resolution, Middle East studies, international development, or a related field.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills in English.
- Practical experience with program design, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Computer proficiency.
- Interest in peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Familiarity with the MENA region.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on tasks small and large.
- Prior international or cross-cultural experience.
- Ability to write and translate in French and/or Arabic preferred.
Please send a (1) resume, (2) cover letter, and (3) writing sample (400-600 words: NO MORE) through our application system at: https://sfcg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=302. This should be combined into 1 document and all uploaded into the “resume” space in the online system. Please follow this instruction. In the cover letter, besides highlighting your qualifications, please include the dates you will be available, the number of hours per week you are able to commit, and your goals for the internship. Submission deadline is August 10th , 2015.