Offers undergraduate and graduate students and recent college graduates the chance to gain valuable work experience in one of our departments. We are looking for smart and hard-working individuals who are interested in gaining invaluable public service experience with the Executive Office of the Mayor of Washington, DC. The program offers weekly meetings with the district’s top officials including: Deputy Mayors, Directors, and Chief of Staffs. Interns will also have the opportunity to produce their own public policy platform on health, economic development, safety, and/or transportation issues.
Students in the past have worked in the following departments:
· Mayor's Office of Community Affairs
· Mayor's Office of Communication
· Mayor's Office of Women and Policy Initiatives Deputy
· Deputy Mayor for Greater Economic Opportunity
· Office of Federal and Regional Affairs
· Office of the Secretary
· Office of the City Administrator Office of Budget and Planning
· Office of General Counsel
Click here to apply and to see the full list of office with openings, many related to minority affairs.