International Security Research Assistant Position with CSIS
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
CSIS is seeking a Research Assistant to join the International Security Program to work on various research projects and help manage event series. The Research Assistant is responsible for conducting research and writing, and for assisting with project management within the program. She/he reports to Kathleen Hicks, Senior Vice President; Henry A. Kissinger Chair; Director, International Security Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Supports the program’s research agenda through frequent research and writing on a wide range on international security issues;
• Monitors trends and developments in program interest areas, and provides updates to program staff;
• Assists with publication layout and dissemination;
• Supports the execution of program events and activities, including managing event series;
• Other administrative tasks as needed.
• B.A./B.S. in International Relations, Political Science, or related field;
• Strong knowledge and experience on international security issues;
• Demonstrated ability to conduct rigorous research and present information clearly and efficiently;
• Demonstrated organizational skills;
• Superior writing and analytical skills;
• Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Strong communication skills;
• Ability to write, think, and operate both independently and on a team;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.