BBYO is a pluralistic, Jewish teen movement.
The Marketing and Communications Intern is responsible for effectively coordinating and supporting internal and external communication across BBYO and its divisions (AZA and BBG, the Friends and Alumni Network, BBYO Passport, BBYO Stand UP) and channels (email, newsletters, social media). The Intern will utilize both print and online (email, web and social) to support the communication to multiple audiences, including teens, parents, friends and alumni, donors and partner agencies.
The Intern will work closely with the members of BBYO's marketing and communications department, a variety of vendors and virtually every department within the organization. He/she must be able to work in a collaborative environment with a diverse team of professionals on projects intended for both internal and external audiences.
• Assist with website content management including, but not limited to, updating information and managing the ongoing newsfeed
• Support the content development, editing and distribution of external communications
• Assist in distribution of campaign communications, collateral and materials to field offices
• Maintain photography archives
• Support social media efforts such as managing summer photo albums and other social media campaigns
• Write press releases with the support of the marketing team and cross-department leads
• Build and manage media lists
• Help prepare for presentations as needed
• Be a creative partner in brainstorming of marketing campaigns and ideas
• Assist with other marketing and communication-related projects as they arise
• Monitor teen trends
• Polished written and verbal communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize/and balance multiple projects
• Creative/strategic thinker
• Self-starter who takes initiative
• Experience with social networking tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat), Internet research tools, MS Office applications (specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Practice writing in a variety of styles – quick copy for advertisements, short writing for the web, reports and materials for internal consumption
• Passion for BBYO’s mission; an understanding of the importance of inspiring teens
The position is a paid part-time internship (up to 19 hours per week), $10/hour, and based in BBYO’s International Office in Washington, DC.