University Research Co., LLC is looking for a Research Assistant to collect, analyze, monitor, report and maintain information pertaining to various public health issues and programming. Assignments include engaging in and managing a wide range of intellectual and physical work, ranging from preparing mass mailings to analyzing proposed data-collection designs. The Research Assistant reports to the Project Director.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Use Internet, surveys, program and legal documents, published data/research, grey literature, books, newspaper and journal articles, etc., to assist in the collection of information and create summarized reports for analysts to peruse.
- Prepare print documents, web pages, and other graphics using Word, Dreamweaver, and illustration packages.
- Use technology to enter data, and transcribe tapes and handwritten notes.
- Assist staff in design and maintenance of online surveys and relational databases, including writing code and analyzing data in SPSS, STAT, SAS or other statistical packages.
- Participate in the data gathering process, such as preparing questionnaires or locating and screening interview subjects, etc.
- Analyze data and compile summarized reports, graphs, and tables.
- Participate in the conduct of literature reviews, surveys, focus groups, data integration and analysis.
- Handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity.
- Provide administrative and clerical services as needed.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- BS or BA degree in public health or related field.
- Completion of a technical writing course is important.
- Three (3) years or less experience in conducting program research, and data analysis.
- Capacity and will to learn new software and research methods.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of MS Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to balance and prioritize work, to generate on-time and high-quality deliverables that meet client requirements.
- Should be organized, pays attention to details, and have good analytical and reasoning skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.