The Program Assistant will be an integral part of the Government Relations team, providing program support under the supervision of the Director of Government Relations to members of GR who support Pew’s Government Performance (GP) division.
This position is located in Washington, DC and is term-limited to not exceed a period of three years.
- Research and track legislation, regulations, and other policy proposals of interest to GR and GP teams including summary and analysis as needed.
- Assist with events attended by government officials (hearings, briefings, meetings, etc.).
- Support GR team members with ad-hoc assignments, initial drafts of work product, research projects and tasks, as well as broader Pew-wide projects as assigned.
- Assist with national partnership work, including updating internal matrix of partner info and affiliation status as well as drafting e-mail correspondence to formal and informal partners.
- Attend and support departmental meetings as needed.
- Fully comply with all relevant federal and state lobbying disclosure and ethics rules
- Serve as liaison with administrative and operations staff in GR and GP.
- Bachelor's degree with relevant internships working with policymakers and staff in government relations, government service, state or federal campaigns and/or policy advocacy preferred.
- Experience in local, state and/or federal government desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Recognized ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, and to work both independently and as part of a team.