The Program Assistant supports the Professional Fellows Programs in Eurasia and SE Asia, which are sponsored by the U.S. Department of State. The Professional Fellows Program provides young professionals from Eurasia and South East Asia with experience in individualized fellowships in the United States on legislative, economic, and innovation related themes. Fellows are placed in month-long internships in U.S. government offices, state legislatures, city councils, universities, business, incubators and NGOs across the U.S.
The Program Assistant provides administrative support to these programs. Responsibilities necessitate that some work be performed during non-business hours such as weekends and/or evenings. The Program Assistant reports to the Program Manager.
• Point person for arranging a variety of events including arrival orientations and closing programs
• Assist with logistics around the end-of-program Congress event put on by the State Department
• Responsible for arranging travel arrangements (insurance, plane tickets, on the ground transportation, etc.) participants traveling internationally – both overseas and US participants.
• Network to disseminate information about the program to potential hosts in the U.S.
• Follow up as needed to assist with obtaining applications and supplemental materials from work
placements and hosts in the U.S.
• Demonstrated organizational ability is a must -- including examples of managing multiple priorities quickly and effectively to make strict deadlines;
- Familiarity with cultures and geography of the target countries – experience with SE Asia a plus;
- Experience coordinating international travel for groups;
- Experience with word processing programs, Excel, updating databases, updating websites and social media;
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with a varied clientele;
- Experience working as a volunteer or with volunteers desired;
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills;
- Bachelor of Arts degree required