CSIS seeks a Research Intern to support the Global Food Security Project. The Research Intern will provide research and administrative support. Research will focus on global agricultural production, nutrition, and climate change and how it relates to U.S. global food security policy and legislation. The Research Intern will also provide administrative support to the program as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist with monitoring developments in agricultural development and food security.
• Track legislation as it relates to global food security and agriculture.
• Attending off-site events and meetings and compiling notes to share with project staff.
• Research and author short publications.
• Conduct spot and background research.
• Maintain and update program data, including program mailing lists.
• Assisting with the design and implementation of social media outreach plans, particularly leading Twitter account.
• Assisting in event planning and staffing.
• Providing general administrative support for project staff.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience with qualitative analysis and writing.
• Strong analytic and communication skills.
• Demonstrated interest in agricultural development and food security.
• Ability to work independently as well as a cohesive member of a small team.
• Must be at least a rising college junior.
• Must have at least a 3.3 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited U.S. institution, or equivalent from a non-U.S. institution.