This position is located in the Directorate for Budget, Finance and Award Management (BFA), Division of Institution and Award Support (DIAS). DIAS is responsible for providing excellence in the Stewardship of the federal funding awarded by NSF to support science, technology and engineering research and education across the Nation; ensuring that innovative business practices convey excellence in managing NSF's activities on par with the Foundation's mission-oriented outcome goals and providing a living model of organizational excellence, agility, and innovation, including contributing leadership in the development and implementation of state-of-the-art business practices for federal financial assistance.
This is an opportunity under the Internship Program component of the Pathways Programs. The Internship Program provides students enrolled in high schools, colleges, trade schools and other qualifying educational institutions with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while completing their education. Veteran's Preference will be applied in filling positions under the Pathways Programs.
Eligible students must be enrolled at least half-time in an accredited academic institution, maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher, and live in the local commuting area.
- The Internship Program allows students an opportunity to be converted non-competitively to a career-conditional or term position once the student completes all requirements of the Internship Program.
- Noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term position is not guaranteed. The Intern's eligibility for conversion does not guarantee that the agency will opt for conversion.
- You must type 40 words per minute with no more than 3 errors.
- You must have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- You must be taking at least a half-time course load.
- Background investigation.
- Preview questions at bottom of Qualifications & Evaluations-see tab above.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
Apply by July 30. Click here to read more and to apply.