AB is a research-driven investment firm that is global in scope and client-focused in its mission. With approximately $485 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2015, AB provides a suite of diversified investment strategies to clients located across 50 plus countries throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim.
Bernstein Private Wealth Management, a unit of AB, offers a full range of investment services designed to help affluent individuals and families preserve and enhance their wealth. Today, as a unit of AllianceBernstein L.P., Bernstein oversees some $78 billion (as of June 30, 2015) in private capital and offers global portfolios in stocks, bonds, hedge funds, and real estate.
We are seeking talented, highly motivated students who have demonstrated significant academic achievement, intellectual curiosity and an interest in financial services for our Private Wealth Summer Internships. This is a ten week program that will offer competitive compensation and invaluable experience in the financial services industry.
Interns will play a key role working with Financial Advisors and their teams to provide support in all aspects of the business. Specific responsibilities and activities may include:
• Analyzing financial information for clients/prospects to determine strategies for achieving investment objectives
• Working hands-on with clients to respond to inquiries via written and verbal communications
• Completing ad-hoc business projects
• Partnering with team members toward a common goal of exceptional client service
• Preparing for and participating in a robust on-boarding training program
• Interacting and networking with professionals throughout the firm to fuel career success
Candidates should be top academic performers, be interested in the investment management industry and meet the following criteria:
• May or June 2017 Bachelor’s degree candidates in business, finance, economics, math, or liberal arts
• Cumulative GPA of 3.3 or better
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Client-focused with a high degree of professionalism, motivation and initiative
• Detail-oriented, ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills
• Ability to work independently while also being a strong team player
• A track record of exceptional performance in extracurricular and professional activities
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Some coursework in finance and economics is preferred
• Candidates must be available to work full-time from June 6, 2016 through August 12, 2016.
• It is not permissible to simultaneously take academic classes or hold other employment that will conflict with the internship schedule.
• Selected candidates will need to successfully complete a thorough background check