This is the perfect position for anyone who loves translating data into policy insights. CountyStat analysts are provided with tools and training to develop interactive online dashboards, GIS maps, and other compelling data visualizations. Analysts also have the opportunity to engage a broad range of public policy challenges—from social services to economic development to environmental sustainability—with the goal of creating a more accountable, efficient, and effective government that delivers results for our residents.
CountyStat analysts may work on such projects as:
- Mapping pedestrian collisions across the county to uncover hotspots and convening Police, Public Information, Transportation, and other key partners to develop strategies for reducing injuries and deaths from car crashes.
- Developing an online “Green Government” performance dashboard to inspire behavior change among County employees and reduce the government’s environmental footprint.
- Creating “social vulnerability” maps and Community Dashboards to assist the County government and its partners in better servicing at-risk populations.
- Examining business processes and customer satisfaction ratings for the Department of Liquor Control to improve responsiveness to customers.
- Digging into large administrative datasets to uncover patterns in sick leave and make recommendations to the Chief Administrative Officer improving the efficiency of government.
- Examining usage of the Capital Bikeshare in Montgomery County and how this compares to DC, Arlington, and Alexandria.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, and techniques of program evaluation, process improvement, and/or quantitative analysis
- Experience in data gathering, interpretation, and analysis methods and approaches as applied to the critical analysis of large volumes of data
- Experience using technology to gather, manipulate, synthesize, interpret, critically analyze and accurately and objectively present data in concise form (e.g. graph, chart, table) to a diverse set of targeted audiences and in making presentations of information
- Knowledge of and experience working with a broad set of technologies such as Oracle, GIS, and MS Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
To apply, go to the county's office of human resources website @ http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/ohr/staffing/careers.html
To view the official job announcement visit http://bit.ly/1E4pSwp
To see the kind of work CountyStat does, check out their website @ http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/countystat/