Axle Informatics is looking for a quick learning, detail-oriented student to
be the next intern in a high-performing, fast-paced marketing department
that offers innovative services to one of the top medical research centers in
the world, the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
We are looking for a proactive and sociable individual to become our new Human
Resources Intern! Our ideal intern will be assisting the Human Resource
efforts. The candidate will get a feel for the fast-paced IT industry!
• Help manage Human Resources support activities in the all areas of full life
cycle recruitment (sourcing, screening, data management, etc.)
• Maintain company CRM
• Execute Human Resources support activities in the recruitment process such
as but not limited to pre-employment background and reference checks.
• Fulfill Human Resources support activities through online ATS system with
onboarding management and in preparation for orientation sessions.
• Assist with networking and event coordination (conferences, outreach
sessions, job fairs)
• Assist Human Resources support activities in processing personnel information
for new hires, terminations and general changes to employee personal
• Execute Human Resources support activities in establishing and maintaining
personnel files on new, current and terminated employees which include:
ensuring completion of appropriate personnel actions and new hire
paperwork, current licensing information, background checks.
• Conduct HR file audit to ensure updated and completed personnel files.
• Inform employees of new compliances and important information.
Who you are:
• You have familiarity and passion for HR policies and processes and deadlines
for recruiting, compensation and performance management.
• You’re good at planning, time management, communication, decision-making,
• You want to apply what you’re learning directly to your work to make your job
• You care about the quality of your work and make ensure things are flowing
Skills we’d love for you to have (but not required):
• Exceptional organizational skills to coordinate and track multiple projects and
• Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure in a “live” environment
• Ability to learn quickly and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Clear communication skills. Extreme attention to detail.
• Awesomeness, focused, dedicated and self-motivated
• Current junior or senior working towards Human Resources, Business degree
or related field [The fall intern was a sociology major]
• Able to work independently at times and dedicate a minimum of 20 hours/week
• The ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities
• Advanced online research capabilities and advanced PC skills (Microsoft suite)
• Excellent communication skills
If you have any questions about qualifications, give us a call (301) 637-6868 or
email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our exciting internship programs and see if Axle is a good fit for the next step in your career!