- Provide administrative and logistical support on assigned country projects;
- Research and gather materials for country-specific programs;
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of periodical reports;
- Support the activities of assigned field offices;
- Assist the Asia team in implementing democracy development programs;
- Collect and distribute foreign and domestic newspaper, magazine, and/or academic articles pertaining to Asia program affairs;
- Attend meetings and seminars on Asian affairs and prepare written summaries;
- Complete special projects as needed; and
- Additional responsibilities based on demonstrated ability could include: proposal drafting and editing, review of field office expenditures, and contact lists.
- Recent graduate, current undergraduate or graduate student in international affairs, political science or a related field; master’s degree preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in democracy and/or Asia;
- Well-organized and skilled at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Flexible, highly communicative, and team-oriented personality;
- Proficiency in any Asian language is desirable, but not required; and
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired.
This is a paid position at NDI’s office in Washington, DC. We are currently recruiting for applicants available immediately. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Apply here.