Department/Division: Higher Education for Development (HED)
The American Council on Education’s (ACE) Higher Education for Development (HED) seeks an intern, to work with HED’s Broader Middle East and North Africa (BMENA) team and various other teams as needed. This internship will provide opportunities to develop and apply professional skills necessary to work with international development projects related to higher education partnerships around the world. The intern will gain practical knowledge about international development, program design and management, and award closeout.
Founded in 1918, the American Council on Education (ACE) is the only higher education organization that represents presidents and chancellors of all types of U.S. accredited, degree-granting institutions; community colleges and four-year institutions, private universities, and non-profit and for-profit colleges. ACE represents the interests of more than 1,600 campus executives, as well as 200 leaders of higher education-related associations and organizations.
- Assist with USAID subaward and award closeout procedures
- Assist in printing and filing partnership documents such as budgets, subaward modification documents, correspondence, reports, etc.
- Assist in drafting partner reports
- Assist in taking/transcribing meeting notes
- Assist in polishing/proofing documents as needed
- Provide research and analysis support to the team as needed
- Assist with staff travel logistics as needed
- Assist with miscellaneous tasks as needed
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- PreferredBachelors or better.
- Previous international experience and general knowledge of world regions and countries, particularly in the Middle East & North Africa
- Strong writing and oral communication skills, excellent proofreading and copy-editing skills
- Excellent organizational, administrative and team work skills with strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to work independently
- Previous administrative support experience