The Center for Education Innovations (CEI) is a recent initiative of R4D. CEI aims to increase access to quality education for the poor by identifying, analyzing, and connecting non-state education innovations.
The R4D education team seeks fall and spring interns for 20+ hours per week to contribute to content development for the CEI database. In particular, the intern will support the ongoing development of CEI program profiles for the Innovations Database, landscape resources for the Research and Evidence Library, as well as contribute to the development of topic pages for the CEI website. These topic pages will offer windows into the database of education innovations by focusing on a specific geographic or topical area.
Summary of Job Description:
- Provide research, analytical and writing assistance to support program profiling process for CEI (this includes reaching out to innovative education programs globally, conducting in-depth phone interviews with them, and collecting and writing up data into succinct CEI profiles).
- Landscape and collect resources related to international non-state education for the Research and Evidence Library (peer-reviewed literature, impact evaluations, systematic reviews, etc).
- Conduct research on key topic areas, aggregate related program data, and write content for topic pages.
- Contribute to the CEI communications efforts, including contributing to the CEI blog.
- Provide administrative support, as needed (for instance, assist in the coordination of R4D’s education events, manage the team’s documents, etc).
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation, and inter-personal skills; strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations and present data in a way that is easily understood.
- Experience and/or interest in producing analytic products, including conducting research and writing for reports and publications.
- Interest in quantitative data collection, management and analysis.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel; some experience with data extraction and analysis also valued.
- Ability to set priorities and handle competing time and resource demands.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Enthusiasm, energy, good judgment, and humor.
Candidates who also have some of the following qualifications would be of particular interest, though these are not requirements:
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest in international development.
- Experience and/or interest in global education.
- Any languages in addition to English (primarily Spanish, but also Portuguese, French, or Arabic).
Candidates should be college/university undergraduate students or recent graduates with less than 2 years of work experience; or graduate students with 0-4 years work experience.
Learn more and apply at Careers4Terps.