Macfadden is seeking a Project Assistant responsible for performing project administrative functions on assigned Government Task Orders. The Project Assistant will support Macfadden’s internal Program Management Office (PMO) for Information Technology and Financial Programs. The position will provide direct support to the PMO Project Management Analyst.
- Provide efficient, effective and timely project support for a variety PMO support activities.
- Support activities driving the timely delivery of accurate contract deliverables.
- Improve communication, provide support and increase responsiveness to contract field staff.
- Maintain awareness around program and project priorities, issues, concerns and requirements.
- Perform work with minimum errors and inaccuracies and with limited supervision.
- Multi-task prioritizes activities, meet deadlines, and effectively interact across all levels of management.
- Perform project administrative duties in support of multiple Federal Government accounts and task orders managed by Macfadden’s Program Management Office (PMO).
- Provide direct support to the PMO’s Project Management Analyst and serve as back-up in their absence.
- Provide ongoing support for maintenance, preparation, and delivery of contract deliverables, reports, and budgets.
- Respond to routine PMO data calls to include collection and compilation of labor hours and status reports.
- Provide support for onsite project staff to include areas like travel and tracking of departmental inquiries (e.g. Finance, Human Resources).
- Provide support in areas such as project staffing, meeting support, and file management.
- Support maintenance and organization of the PMO SharePoint site.
- Complete any filing, scanning, copying, and archiving of documentation or items.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and one or more years of relevant, professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience; experience in a Federal Government contracting environment a plus.
- At least an intermediate command of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Deltek Time & Expense is a plus.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize activities, meet deadlines, and effectively interact across all levels of management.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Confident self-starter, quick-learner, assertive about tracking down information and asking questions. Must take initiative to learn tasks and perform work independently.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English; ability to read, write and speak Spanish a plus.
Click here to read more and to apply.