The Cadmus Group, Inc. seeks a highly-motivated entry-level professional to provide program support on energy-efficient building technologies, policy, and energy performance rating systems for our clients at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. This position involves extensive work with EPA’s ENERGY STAR platform for commercial buildings. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented problem solver with strong analytical, communication, and writing skills interested in a career in energy efficiency, energy education, and sustainability. The position also involves handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced consulting environment.
Primary responsibilities include processed-based work supporting ENERGY STAR recognition programs, such as ENERGY STAR certification application reviews, for energy efficiency in the built environment, providing technical support to organizations (in both the public and private sectors), and working with standard software packages to benchmark building energy use such as EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager tool. Additional work may also include supporting training sessions (primarily online), and writing or editing reports, case studies, presentations and other documents, creating and manipulating spreadsheets and databases, and collecting and interpreting vast amounts of data.
· BS/BA degree; background in Environmental Science, Facility Management/Building Operations, Public Policy, Economics, or related area of study a plus but not required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to summarize complicated concepts and process succinctly
· Ability to work well independently and in teams
· 0-2 years of related work or internship experience
· Proven analytical skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Strong organizational abilities
· Comfortable presenting over the phone and in front of live audiences, or willingness to learn
· Knowledge of EPA’s ENERGY STAR Commercial and Industrial Buildings Program and ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
· Experience with EPA’s ENERGY STAR program
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Proficient knowledge of building systems and specific energy efficiency measures
· Familiarity with webinar platforms such as WebEx or GoToMeeting
Click here to apply.