This research assistant position with the National Association of Counties (NACo) requires fulfilling research and data analysis duties, as well as other assigned items.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The research assistant will:
• Analyze assigned economic, demographic and other county level datasets for NACo’s County Explorer, individualized profiles, research reports and any other research request or product;
• Handle large databases of county data;
• Assist the Research Director, other research team members and assigned NACo staff on reports and other research products;
• Respond to requests for information, data and technical assistance from NACo members, county officials, county staff, academia, NACo staff and other interested parties;
• Create Keynote presentations for research projects;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The research assistant must possess a Bachelor’s degree in public policy, public administration, planning, political science, economics, geography or a related field and one year of experience. Essential requirements include:
• proficiency with statistical software packages such as SAS or STATA;
• eye for detail, strong organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
• strong analytical skills;
• a demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively and to work cooperatively with elected officials, local government staff, coworkers and the public;
• a strong work ethic, a commitment to constituent service, sensitivity and tact in dealing with others;
• interest in developing a career in public policy research.
Persons interested in this position should submit a resume, short writing sample and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, highlight your proficiency with STATA by providing an example of a project in which you handled a large database with STATA.