- Under close supervision of a desk officer, senior program manager or other individual in authority within the team:
- Participate in discussions with field offices of upcoming activities and support needs;
- Provide administrative support on assigned country projects, to ensure compliance with donor requirements. This could include assisting with writing memos and coordinating with NDI’s administrative departments, organizing and maintaining an electronic filing system, organizing travel arrangements, and routing contracts or invoices.
- Assist in compiling information for drafting of periodic donor reports or workplans;
- Assist in tracking program expenditures;
- Attend relevant meetings and seminars on topics pertaining to political developments in the region and prepare oral and written presentations for team members;
- Collect and distribute foreign and domestic newspaper, magazine, and/or academic articles pertaining to programs in the region;
- Complete special projects as needed; and
- Additional responsibilities based on demonstrated ability could include: proposal drafting and editing, program development, and donor relations.
- Recent graduate or currently pursuing graduate degree; relevant degree programs might include, but are not limited to, political science, international relations, international development, international business, and Eurasian studies;
- Must have excellent writing skills;
- Must be well-organized and skilled at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks;
- Excellent financial management skills, proficiency in Excel and/or Quicken is highly desirable;
- Must be flexible, diligent, and team-oriented; and
- Proficiency in Russian, particularly desirable but not required.
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired.
This is a paid internship.
Interns are encouraged to attend workshops, lectures and other staff development events at NDI. We are currently recruiting for applicants available immediately. Apply here.