Beginning each day before the first school bell rings and staying until the last child leaves the after-school program; you'll serve students, schools and communities through:
•Academic Support: Provide one-on-one or small group tutoring before, during and after school
•Attendance and Positive Behavior Encouragement: Lead energetic morning greetings, make attendance and positive phone calls to home, lead mentor groups
•Community and School Improvements: Organize and lead activities, celebrations and projects to improve the community and school environment
Team-based service is at the heart of City Year. You will be assigned to a diverse team of at least 8-15 young adults and you will serve with that team for the duration of the year.
For more information on what you'll do, visit http://www.cityyear.org/what-we-do
WHAT YOU GET
Through City Year, you'll gain valuable skills and knowledge that will accelerate your career and education, no matter what path.
•Career and Education Opportunities
o Eligibility for exclusive scholarships to dozens of colleges and universities
o Access to online career resource center
o Networking opportunities with more than 20,000 alumni
o Leadership training and development
o Project management and communication skills
o Civic knowledge
o Living stipend
o $5,645 AmeriCorps Education Award
o Federal student loan forbearance
o Health insurance
City Year corps members are as diverse a group as the communities they serve. We're looking for you if you want to
give back and are ready to change the world.
● Be between the ages of 17 and 24
● Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
● Have a college degree or attended some college, have a high school diploma or GED
● Have served no more than three terms in an AmeriCorps state or national program*
● Agree to a criminal background check
● Be able to begin City Year by July/August 1, 2016
Previous experiences with service, tutoring, mentoring or leadership strengthen candidacy.
* Individuals may receive no more than the value of two full time education awards. If you have received the equivalent of more than one full time education award, you are eligible to serve and receive a discounted award.
** Certain locations have earlier start dates. Please contact City Year's National Admissions Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
See more at Careers4Terps.