The MSR bulletin board is designed to help undergraduates find research opportunities that are a good fit for their interests and qualifications, and to help faculty members find students to assist with their research project(s). The research opportunities posted on the MSR website typically call for students to spend around six hours a week working under the direction of a faculty mentor on that faculty member’s own research. Participating students learn skills and gain valuable experience that will enhance their graduate school and job qualifications. Most positions are for volunteers, some are paid.
The Maryland Center for Undergraduate Research will hold numerous information sessions to assist students who want to use the MSR bulletin board to identify suitable research opportunities, and also to provide advice about additional ways to pursue research opportunities – space for each session is limited so please RSVP to email@example.com with the date/time of the session you plan to attend:
Schedule for MSR Information Sessions, Fall Semester 2015:
- Wednesday, September 2, 12:00-12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 3, 12:00-12:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 4, 12:00-12:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 4, 4:00-4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 8, 4:00-4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 9, 12:00-12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 10, 11:00-11:30 a.m.
- Friday, September 11, 10:00-10:30 a.m.
- Friday, September 11, 1:30-2:00 p.m.