Freedom House is seeking an Intern to assist the Rule of Law and Human Rights (RIGHTS) program team with research, writing, representation at external meetings, program design and implementation, logistical support, project and financial tracking support, and information dissemination. This unpaid, 20 hour per week internship is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Program Officer for Rights & Justice Initiatives.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Demonstrated interest in Freedom House’s mission;
- Interest in rule of law, human rights, and democracy promotion;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times;
- Proficiency with MS Office and familiarity with web applications;
- Outstanding organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain composure, flexibility, and a sense of humor under tight deadlines.
Select Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and write memos on specific human rights and rule of law thematic issues;
- Monitor trends and developments in international human rights and rule of law;
- Prepare materials and logistics to support RIGHTS events and meetings;
- Attend RIGHTS meetings, as well as other external meetings;
- Some administrative duties.