EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTSBachelor’s degree required. Minimum three years of administrative experience in any combination of administrative support, office management, personnel issues, budgeting, or event planning. Experience in non-profit and/or academic environment preferred. Must be currently authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTSExcellent organizational and communication skills (oral and written). Complete fluency in written and spoken English is required. Superb organizational and interpersonal skills; poise, tact, discretion and mature judgment to handle and respond appropriately and professionally in high-pressure atmosphere; ability to multi-task and complete tasks in a timely manner whether working independently or as part of a team. Must be extremely detail-oriented and possess the ability to exercise good judgment and initiative while maintaining confidentiality. Ability to deal with various personality types. Knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Office Suite (including strong MS Word and Excel skills); familiarity with the Internet and ability to learn other types of software programs. Interest in international and foreign policy issues preferred.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
50% Staffing Support
- Assists with full range of support to FP staff (employees and affiliates).
- Supports recruitments through preparation of materials; uses institutional on-line resume submission system and Intranet resources.
- Initiates, prepares, and provides follow-up on orientations (training sessions, business card requests, office supplies, IT needs, etc.); completes orientation processes and schedules; communicates with incoming employees and affiliates as needed; works with other FP and other Institutional staff to ensure smooth onboarding of new arrivals.
- Assists departing employees and affiliates with checkout and departure procedures.
- Prepares and documents changes in status of employees and affiliates.
- Maintains records, organizational charts, space use records, and personnel files.
50% Administrative and Operational Support
- Serves as a resource to employees, affiliates, and visitors on administrative issues.
- Serves as administrative liaison to other departments throughout the Institution (HR, IT, Facilities, Mailroom, Front Desk and Security, Central COMM, Accounting, Payroll, etc.).
- Submits and monitors requests for IT equipment, supplies, and questions.
- Submits, monitors, and provides appropriate communication for facilities, maintenance, office equipment, and office space or move requests.
- Supports circulation of contracts via SharePoint system; performs appropriate follow-up for contract approval process.
- Monitors organization and scheduling of FP public areas and services (conference rooms, supply areas, conference call system).
- Participates in regular administrative and broader FP team meetings to discuss work status and to stay informed about upcoming administrative support needs; contributes to culture of open communication and free flow of information.
Click here to read more and to apply.