Are you passionate about the power of entrepreneurship to drive positive social and environmental impact? Want to learn more about impact investing or market-based approaches to international development? Know the difference between an LP and GP? Join ANDE this fall to conduct research on global entrepreneurship, and support our network of 200+ members supporting small and growing businesses in the developing world.
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a global network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in emerging markets. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. Ultimately, we believe that SGBS can help lift countries out of poverty. ANDE is a policy program of the Aspen Institute.
About the Internship
ANDE is seeking an intern to support two research projects this fall and winter: updating a dataset on the global landscape of SGB funds, and mapping accelerators in emerging markets. Interns may also provide support for ongoing initiatives, including networking events and workshops. We are a small staff, with an entrepreneurial culture; we’re looking for someone who is comfortable hitting the ground running, taking ownership over research projects, and who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position requires minimum 30 hours per week, with the possibility of full-time if preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record. Current enrollment in a graduate program, or recent graduate, preferred.
- Experience managing academic or non-academic datasets.
- Research experience conducting both desk research and primary research
- Analytical thinker, able to synthesize data and information
- Able to work independently, meet tight deadlines, and manage multiple priorities
- Experience in or knowledge or international development, social enterprise, impact investing, or other related field
- Strong excel skills
- Detail-oriented and rigorous
- Demonstrable knowledge of the financial industry, including work experience in investment banking, course work in finance, or research on venture capital financing, for example
- Experience working in international or cross-cultural settings
- Experience with market research, industry analysis, or other business research function