BSOS needs Peer Mentors!
The Peer Mentor Program is a component of the student services offered by the BSOS Advising Center. The primary role of Peer Mentors is to teach the BSOS Graduation Planning workshops each semester and conduct various presentations in BSOS UNIV100 sections. Through the services they provide to fellow students, Peer Mentors gain leadership,presentation, and public speaking skills. In preparation for their required tasks, all Peer Mentors are expected to attend weekly class sessions and serve for at least two semesters. Students will earn 1 academic credit after successful completion of each semester.
To be eligible for BSOS Peer Mentors, the following criteria must be met:
- Must be a BSOS major for a minimum of 2 semesters
- If the student is a Double Major, the primary major must be in the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Sophomore, junior, or senior standing with intentions to return for Fall 2016
- At least a 2.5 GPA within major
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5+ (Required Submission of Unofficial Transcript)
- Must be in good judicial/academic standing
If you are interested please download an application to see selection requirements and how to apply. Completed applications need to be returned to the BSOS Advising Center by December 18, 2015.
Click here to view, download and print a copy of the Peer Mentor Application.