- Applicants must be a current undergraduate student at the University of Maryland, College Park.
- Applicants must maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA at the University of Maryland, College Park. Unless this is their first semester at the University, they must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA on Thursday, October 8, 2015 to participate in the selection process. Those in their first semester do not yet have a GPA at the University. The GPA of all eligible candidates will be checked after grades have posted for the Fall 2015 semester.
- Applicants must attend an Information Session in order to apply for the RA position.
- Applicants must be in good judicial and financial standing with the University.
- If invited to take the RA Class, applicants must register for and complete HESI 470 in the Spring 2016 semester in order to be selected for a position.
- If offered a position, newly hired Resident Assistants are expected to hold the position for the entire 2016-2017 academic year.
Students often need more information about the RA position and our Selection Process, so we’ve scheduled Information Sessions. Current RAs and professional staff members will be on hand to answer questions following each 45 minute presentation. Attendance at one of the Information Sessions is required of all applicants.