- US citizenship at the time of application (dual national US citizens are eligible)
- Personal integrity
- A four year college/university degree from an accredited institution (applicants within one year of earning a four year degree will be considered)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Flexibility, adaptability, and commitment to the mission of the CIA and DO
- Staff Operations Officer (SOO)
- Deliver results
- Develop and maintain broad networks across the CIA and the US Government
- Deal effectively, comfortably, and confidently with US Government professionals at all levels of responsibility, authority, and rank
- Multitask and remain calm under pressure
- View challenge and uncertainty as opportunity
- Take initiative and deliver solutions
- Have an authoritative voice in strategic operational decisions
Many SOOs will spend much of their career serving in the Washington, DC area having opportunities for overseas travel. Opportunities for SOOs to serve multi-year postings overseas exist, but these positions are competitive.
Ready to Apply?
The hiring process for DO positions can take 12 months or longer to complete. All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation. To be considered suitable for CIA employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during medical and security processing.
Read more and start your application here.