December or Recent Grad? CSIS is seeking a Program Coordinator and Research Assistant to join the Project on Nuclear Issues
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
CSIS is seeking a Program Coordinator and Research Assistant to join the Project on Nuclear Issues (PONI). PONI’s mission is to build and support the next generation of nuclear professionals by providing development and networking opportunities to young nuclear professionals. The Program Coordinator and Research Assistant supports the operational and substantive goals of PONI and will be expected to play a key role in advancing PONI’s initiatives, including the Conference Series, the Nuclear Scholars Initiative, and PONI’s online and social media presence. The Program Coordinator and Research Assistant will assist in the management of day-to-day operations of the program, engaging in member and stakeholder outreach, planning and executing PONI events, and supporting the program’s substantive work and research. Demonstrated skills in strategic communication, social media, and outreach are highly desired. He/She reports directly to Rebecca Hersman, Director of PONI and Senior Adviser, International Security Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for PONI strategic communications, marketing and social media outreach;
• Operates and updates all PONI social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn;
• Regularly updates the PONI page on the CSIS website and manages the PONI Forum;
• Plans and executes program events and conferences;
• Assists with proofreading, layout, editing and dissemination of publications;
• Conducts research in support of PONI publications and briefings;
• Assists in conceptualizing new project ideas;
• Supports the execution of program events and activities;
• Contributes to broader WMD and national security research efforts as part of the Senior Adviser’s portfolio;
• Other administrative and research tasks as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• B.A./B.S. in International Relations, Political Science, or related field;
• Interest in nuclear and security issues, as demonstrated by previous coursework and/or experience;
• Demonstrated ability to plan and execute events and/or conferences;
• Strong demonstrated skills and interest in strategic communication, marketing and social media;
• Demonstrated ability to conduct rigorous research and present information clearly and efficiently;
• Superior writing and analytical skills;
• Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple projects under tight deadlines;
• Strong communication skills;
• Ability to write, think, and operate both independently and on a team;
• Ability to interact with and respond to questions from a range of individuals with diverse interests and backgrounds;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.