The Development Assistant provides daily administrative and operational support to the Development and Communications team. The Development Assistant is responsible for coordinating various projects related to the department and selected initiatives at The Inn.
- Schedule and organize meeting logistics to include surveying members for dates, reserving a meeting location, sending meeting notices, recording and disseminating minutes and follow-up as needed
- Assist with writing correspondence, proofing materials and calling potential contributors and donors
- Answer incoming calls to the department, provide callers with general information and direct calls to appropriate office
- Greet and provide general development and communications information, assistance, and directions to visitors, residents and their families while providing a high level of customer service
- Assist with donor recognition activities such as annual donor wall update, major donor annual events, publication and website listings, and annual recognition gifts
- Provide support for fundraising and communications events and activities
- Assist in logistical planning, implementation, and staffing of events
- Assist in the development of event materials including solicitation and tracking of auction items.
• Assist with public relations, fundraising events, tours and speaking engagements as requested. Represent The Inn at community events and organization meetings as needed• Assist in the production of monthly eNewsletters and quarterly Newsletters as needed
• Assist with design and production of materials to support events such as flyers, auction materials, and invitations
• Perform clerical duties on an as-needed basis, including filing, mailings, word processing, spreadsheets in excel, entering and extracting information from donor database• Participate in regularly scheduled team meetings
• Research and write articles for various Inn publications as needed
• Cross train with other departments when time and workload allows
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Promote a homelike environment of support and understanding for residents of The Inn
• Become familiar with all Inn rules, policies and services as they relate to the families residing at The Children’s Inn
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum one to three years of Development/Fundraising experience required. Must possess knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Desktop publishing and Database Management software helpful, ideally Raiser’s Edge.Skills/Traits:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to handle multiple tasks of high priority in a professional, efficient and confidential manner. Ability to work under pressure and to respond flexibly and resourcefully to workload fluctuations as necessary. Must be able to project the professional, caring image of The Children’s Inn with poise and tact.Schedule:
Official schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; however, the Development Assistant must be flexible with weekly schedule based on the needs of Development & PR events on and off-site to include occasional evenings and weekends.