- Interesting project assignments that support Discovers strategic priorities and objectives
- Real time and consistent performance feedback
- A team of resources to assist with ongoing training and coaching on career development
- Exposure to managers with excellence in business acumen and effectiveness in managing and developing personnel
- Broad knowledge of cross-functional initiatives, experience and career contacts
- Opportunities to interact with the executive leadership team through program events
Additional Program Highlights:
- Fully-furnished apartments for the duration of the internship
- Group activities, including networking events among interns and other full-time personnel
- Exposure to and presentations to management (by program)
Consumer Banking Track:
The Consumer Banking Internship Program (CBIP) is an exciting internship for highly motivated individuals who are interested in exploring a host of disciplines within Discovers Consumer Banking division, including:
- Consumer Deposits
- Discover Home Equity Loans
- Discover Student Loans
- Discover Personal Loans
- Strategy & Analysis
- Discover LEAN
CBIP interns can expect to influence the future direction of the business as a direct result of their contributions. They will be afforded opportunities to exercise people and thought leadership in high exposure roles by leading analyses, supporting internal and external business partners, and implementing unprecedented, revenue-driving projects.
During their internship, participants will refine their abilities to lead, make decisions, problem solve and think creatively. They will have many opportunities to improve processes, manage complex projects, and present to management. Above all, program participants will learn to strategically navigate through organizations in a corporate setting.
Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Individuals enrolled in an accredited Bachelors Program who will have completed their senior year by June 2017 in a business, economics, or math related discipline.
- Must have a graduation date between December 2016 - June 2017
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on 4.0 grade point average scale
- Strong problem-solving abilities and intellectual curiosity
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to interact with and influence employees at all different levels
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate ideas into clear priorities
- Ability to resolve ambiguity and analyze data to surface insights
- Operates as a team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access)
Click here to apply.