- Processing and reviewing grant applications - data entry and data analysis.
- Research and outreach to organizations to apply for grant opportunities.
- Research relevant initiatives (health and wellness/play) that are happening in cities and connecting grantees to them.
- Story generation about grantee impact to share internally and to funders.
- Grant application and document management.
- Current college student.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with diverse individuals both inside the organization and externally.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, listening).
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Highly confident with a predisposition and aptitude to think analytically and multi-task in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Model the behaviors that demonstrate commitment to the KaBOOM! vision, mission, culture and values.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time; absorb information quickly but thoroughly.
- Demonstrates the ability to make a favorable first and lasting impression to the public and represent the KaBOOM! brand.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint), e-mail, social media, standard office equipment.
- Excellent writing and oral skills are required; comfortable with telephone communication (i.e. cold calling).
DESIRED START DATE: October 15 (Fall Intern) or December 15 (Winter Intern)
LOCATION: Washington, DC
APPROX. HRS. PER WK: 25-35 hours per week; Flexible (but set) schedule; hours must be worked M-F between the hours of 8am and 6pm at our offices by Van Ness Metro Station.
Internships are unpaid.