NLC University is a professional development program for elected and appointed city leaders, providing members with a variety of learning opportunities through online and in-person channels.
The intern will support the development of the NLC University training programs for the Congress of Cities and Congressional City Conferences, advance the next set of online classes being developed by NLC University, and provide overall support for other NLC University initiatives. In partnership with the NLC University Principal Associate and Coordinator, the intern will also design a special project for the spring, relating to:
• Data strategies for cities (open data, big data, integrated data, predictive analytics);
• Civic engagement;
• Crisis leadership;
• Ethics and local leadership;
• Immigrant integration;
• Participatory budgeting; or
• Leadership and management growth for city teams.
Other responsibilities include:
• Help develop ongoing education and training sessions for municipal elected officials and city staff nationwide.
• Write articles and blog posts for national distribution.
• Assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive marketing strategy for upcoming conferences.
• Assist in NLC University site administration for the Learning Management System (LMS).
• Willingness to learn and utilize NLC’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to access member records, and the Content Management System (CMS) to update the NLCU webpage.
• Provide project support for NLC University Director, Principal Associate, and Coordinator as needed.
• Provide member service and administrative support.
This position pays $10.50/hour for undergraduates or $12/hour for graduate students, and offers tremendous opportunity for growth and career exploration.
A strong candidate will demonstrate a commitment to improving public policy and a desire to strengthen communities across the country. Proficiency with Word and Excel, a willingness to learn to navigate in a learning management system (LMS), a high degree of personal organization and attention to detail, as well as a customer service outlook are key requirements.
Find out more and how to apply here.