The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System's (Board's) Office of Inspector General (OIG) intends to hire paid student interns for the summer. The OIG conducts audits and evaluations of the Board and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau s (Bureau's) programs and operations to assess and promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in these programs and operations while helping to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse. The Student Intern will assist in conducting audits and evaluations of the Board and the Bureau's various programs and operations. For example, the OIG conducts evaluations of state member bank failures to assess the circumstances surrounding the failure including Reserve Bank supervision of the institution.
1) Assists as a team member on IT audits, evaluations, inspections, or other reviews.
2) May support the team in conducting its planning activities for the applicable review to establish the appropriate objectives, scope and methodology, which is a key preliminary step in our reviews.
3) Interfaces with other Board division representatives, Reserve Bank officials, or Bureau officials while executing roles and responsibilities.
4) Assists in data gathering and analysis.
5) Assists in preparing workpapers in support of the team's reports. Also will assist the team to develop the findings and message for the applicable review.
6) Participates in message development presentations to senior management. These presentations provide senior management with the opportunity to evaluate the appropriateness of the findings and message(s) resulting from the review.
This description is intended to indicate the general level and function of this job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive and employees may be assigned duties not listed.
Requires strong oral and written communication skills, data and analysis skills, as well as intellectual curiosity and professional skepticism. Prefer candidates with the following majors: information technology, accounting, economics, or finance. We intend to consider undergraduate and graduate candidates in the year preceding graduation. As part of the application process, please submit a writing sample.
This internship position could be for a year-long or summer internship.
Click here to apply.