The White House Liaison’s Office (WHLO) is currently looking for motivated students interested in an opportunity to participate in a part-time, unpaid internship program for the Spring 2016 class.
Spring interns will have an opportunity to work alongside DHS employees, gain critical work experience, and build invaluable relationships. The WHLO Intern Program provides a robust and exciting experience where participants feel challenged with substantive projects and are afforded unique exposure to various sections and components of the Department.
- Must be enrolled at a university, college or community college at least part-time
- Must be able to pass a full background check
- Student is available to work at least 20 hours a week for a minimum of 8 weeks
DHS Departments include:
- White House Liaison’s Office
- Office of Legislative Affairs
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Public Affairs
- Office of Policy
- National Protection Programs Directorate
- Customs and Border Protection
- Immigrations and Customs Enforcement
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Transportation Security Administration
- Federal Emergency Management Administration
- United States Secret Service
- United States Coast Guard
Security and Start Date:
Once students have been selected for an interview and then conditionally offered an internship with the Department, they will need to be cleared through security which takes 4-6 weeks. After students have been cleared, it is then that a start date will be set for the student to commence their internship for the spring.
Learn more about the opportunity and how to apply on Careers4Terps.