About Winter Employment at NSF:
- Veteran’s preference rules will be applied in filling these positions.
- When you apply for a winter position, you are not applying for one specific position.
- This vacancy announcement will be used to select multiple students to work at the National Science Foundation.
- Eligible students must be enrolled at least half-time in an accredited academic institution and maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- To be considered for other Intern positions at NSF, you must reapply each time a new announcement is posted.
- Winter appointments are temporary positions not to exceed 30 days.
- Interns will be required to sign a Pathways Programs Participant Agreement prior to appointment.
- THIS IS A WINTER APPOINTMENT NOT TO EXCEED 30 DAYS
- You must be taking at least a half-time course load
- You must have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Background Investigation
- Preview questions at bottom of Qualifications & Evaluations
Our Student Trainees (Administrative) are clerical positions. They provide support to National Science Foundation scientists and administrators who promote and fund the best possible awards through grants. These positions can be your first step into a fulfilling career at NSF. As a Student Trainee (Administrative) you will:
- Type a variety of documents
- Enter data
- Sort and distribute mail
- Maintain files
- Assist office visitors and caller
- To apply for the GS-2 level ($12.19 per hour) job, you must have 3 months of full-time clerical experience OR have graduated from high school (e.g., freshmen year of college).
- To apply for the GS-3 level ($13.30 per hour) job, you must have 6 months of full-time clerical experience OR 1 year of education above the high school (e.g., be going into your sophomore year of college).
- To apply for the GS-4 level ($14.94 per hour) job, you must have 1 year of full-time clerical experience OR 2 years of education above high school (e.g., be going into your junior year of college).
- To apply for the GS-5 level ($16.71 per hour) job, you must have 1 year of full-time experience at the GS-4 level OR Successfully completed four full years of education above high school level