The State Capacity Building Intern works with the State Capacity Building Department of (LCV). This position assists the Vice President of SCB, the VP of Governance & Affiliate Services, and the Events and Operations Manager, manages the online database, maintains the SCB website, manages SCB meetings and retreats, and assists with administrative functions of the Seattle office. This is a part- to full-time, 6-month paid internship, 20-40 hours a week, based in Seattle, Washington. Compensation is Seattle minimum wage.
- Online Administration
- SCB Meetings Coordination
- Seattle Office Administration
- Data Collection Assistance
- Special Projects Assistance
- Work Experience: Previous office experience preferred. Familiarity with word processing, databases and spreadsheets (Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel) helpful.
- Education: College grad preferred
- Skills: Good written and oral communications skills; excellent skills in word processing, spreadsheets (Windows, Microsoft Word, and Excel required, PowerPoint preferred), and phone systems; strong database background preferred. Good with numbers, attentive to details, and adept at maintaining systems for easy access to information and data. Able to balance variety of work demands.
- Capabilities: Demonstrated relationship building skills; solid judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of movement and community; ability to handle multiple details and tasks; highly organized; commitment to environmental protection and mission of LCV. Good sense of humor is a plus.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “State Capacity Building Intern” in the subject line no later than November 20th, 2015.