Money in politics as a general topic—and campaign finance in particular—have been key issues with Marylanders and voters across the nation as presidential debates and races are well under way. Join us as leading policymakers from both sides of the aisle and academics discuss this timely topic and take questions from the audience.
Riggs Alumni Center, Orem Hall
University of Maryland
Reception Immediately Following
Informing our discussion will be results and analysis from the third iteration of the Washington Post—UMD Poll, an innovative tool designed to provide academics, students and members of the public with insight into both key races and the issues that matter to Maryland voters.
In addition to discussing the current climate and contemporary problems, participants will shed light on possible solutions and paths forward.
- Congressman Steny Hoyer (D–Md. 5th)
- Former Congressman Tom McMillen (D–Md. 4th)
- Former Congresswoman Connie Morella (R–Md. 8th)
- Congressman John Sarbanes, (D–Md. 3rd)
- Dr. Stella Rouse, Director, Center for American Politics and Citizenship