What you’ll do
- Projects the successful candidate may be involved in during the internship are as follows (although final projects will be based on the government relations team needs at the time):
- Developing and setting up a successful Congressional round table relevant policy topics. The intern would be working with several congressional offices, trade associations, Adobe's internal PR group, and other tech companies to organize and carry out a successful round table discussion where Adobe policy experts and others would be the key presenters.
- Researching and summarizing key votes and records on legislators who hold committee assignments of relevance to public policy positions held by Adobe in addition to helping analyze key pieces of relevant legislation.
- Researching and drafting a government consultant handbook that would outline policies, solutions, approaches, contacts, and required documents when approaching government entities. The handbook would then be used to provide a quick way to bring future employees up to speed.
- Developing one research area of interest to the candidate into a legislative and advocacy plan that involves either Congress or a large federal agency in a policy area of the candidates choosing as long as it relates to the work done by Adobe or the tech sector in general.
What you need to succeed
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and actively pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Business, Law, Public Relations, Communications, Political Science, or related field.
- Special consideration will be give to candidates that have resided in, or currently reside in, a state where Adobe has a major presence, such as California, Utah, Washington, or Virginia.
- The successful candidate must have a strong desire to learn about the U.S. Federal government and a genuine passion for public policy and politics.
- The successful candidate must have strong written and verbal communications skills and not be afraid to network and get to know new people.
- The successful candidate also needs to have strong office computer skills in the areas of word processing, researching, database creation, etc.
- This internship opportunity is anticipated to last up to 3 months between the months of January and May.