Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with the Communications team on website maintenance including posting GMF experts’ blog entries, commentary, and publications. Assist in editing content for the website;
- Assist in building GMF’s presence in social networking platforms such as Twitter and Facebook;
- Assist in development of GMF multimedia products, including podcasts and videos;
- Research media and stakeholders for various GMF products and programs;
- Contribute to GMF events. Assist in major conference preparation including editing bios, posting content to conference websites, identifying media and social media influencers.
- Support in the development of collateral materials for internal and external audiences; and
- Other tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Have excellent analytical and writing skills and previous Communications experience.
- Have demonstrated interest in communications through previous professional or academic experience working in media, public relations, publishing, or related field.
- Be creative, organized, self-directed, and responsible.
- Be comfortable working independently and as part of a team, and multi-tasking.
- Have a basic understanding of photo editing, website editing, and new media development.
Start and length of internship:
Preferred start date: January 5, 2016 or January 12th, 2016Preferred time commitment: at least 25 hours/week between 9 AM to 5 PM through June.