NAFSA is the world’s largest professional membership association dedicated to international education. The association promotes study abroad for U.S. students, increased access to the United States for foreign students and scholars, and the internationalization of college and university curricula.
The Education Abroad Services department serves as a comprehensive source of knowledge and skills, covering all aspects of quality programs and operations for direct-service, management, and strategy/policy levels in education abroad. The department is also charged with equipping campus decision-makers with knowledge and skills to communicate directly with higher administration regarding education abroad trends, models, and research.
Intern duties include:
- Research study abroad trends and issues, and assist in identifying thought leaders.
- Contribute to writing marketing material for NAFSA events, programs, and products related to Education Abroad.
- Write correspondence and create tailored membership lists.
- Execute departmental administrative duties and other tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter; familiar with Microsoft Office suite applications; and have excellent written, oral, and inter-personal skills. Preferred skills include strong research and writing ability and familiarity with NAFSA and/or the field of International Education. Knowledge of social media and database systems a plus.
Spring Term: The Spring term internship will be part-time (15-20 hours per week); schedule to be determined in consultation with the intern. NAFSA will work with the student’s institution if intern is seeking academic credit. The internship is available for one term with the possibility of renewal. Spring term dates are early January – mid May 2016.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Indicate “Education Abroad Internship” in the subject line.
In your cover letter, please address:
- Work experiences you would like to gain through this internship.
- Your availability.
- Your interest/background in international education, and study abroad.
- Your familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PPT)
Click here to learn more.