The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is seeking an undergraduate or graduate student to work in Washington, D.C., as an intern for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Division's programs. The intern will be responsible for conducting research on country specific programs, attending meetings and seminars on Middle East and North African affairs, and providing administrative support on country projects. A January 4, 2016 start date is desired.
• Research and gather materials for country specific programs;
• Backstop the activities of the field offices;
• Collect and distribute to the MENA team foreign and domestic newspapers, magazines, or journal clippings pertaining to the Middle East and North Africa;
• Attend meetings and seminars on Middle East and North African affairs and prepare oral and written presentations to MENA team members;
• Assist in the preparation and drafting of periodical reports;
• Provide administrative support to assigned country projects, including filing, faxing, copying and mailings; and
• Conduct special projects as needed.
• Generally pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in international affairs, political science or a related field; recent graduates are also welcome to apply;
• Knowledge of and interest in the Middle East and North Africa;
• Well-organized and skilled at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks;
• Excellent writing skills;
• Flexible, diligent and team-oriented; and
• Arabic language skills required; and
• Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired.
This is a paid internship.
Applications are now being accepted. Interns are encouraged to attend workshops, lectures and other staff development events at NDI.
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Click here for more information and to apply.