The Business Development Intern will provide proposal development and project-related administrative and logistical support and assistance. S/he will report to the Development Director. This is a temporary part time job opportunity working up to 28 hours per week.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Development Support
- Assists with recruitment listing ads online, monitor recruitment applications, and follow-up with candidates, as requested.
- Searches of consultant databases to short list consultants and staff; maintain recruitment matrices for specific positions, as requested.
- Format consultant CVs and Past Performance Reports as per guidelines provided by his/her supervisor.
- Helps conduct employment history verifications and reference checks.
- Other business development support, as required.
- Provides administrative support to project-related support staff (completing paperwork, obtaining travel itineraries and cost estimates from travel agent, securing MEDEX insurance and visas, drafts consulting agreements and country clearance cable requests etc.), as requested.
- Provides administrative support to consultants throughout their assignments (reviewing invoices, obtaining travel advances, assisting consultants in filling out paperwork, etc.), as requested.
- Provide formatting support for reports as required.
- Creates, maintains, and updates consultant and assignment files - cleans up the electronic files for completed/closed assignments or tasks.
- Provide copy-editing and formatting support for proposals and reports, as required.
- Helps maintain project consultant database or roster updates.
- Photocopies, scans, arranges courier delivery or pick-up, arranges document printing.
- Coordinates and supports meetings held in project space: reserves meeting rooms and consultant workspace, arrange catering, manage set-up and cleanup of consultant workspace and meeting rooms, and assists with preparation and copying of agendas, meeting notes, and other materials, as requested.
- Any other duties as assigned.
College senior or Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Business, English or other relevant area.
- Excellent writing, research and organizational ability.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate strict attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under deadlines.
- Prior work experience in International Development is a plus.
Please send your cover letter, a detailed CV, salary history and 3 references here: