The CTC Ten Foundation annually selects two individuals to serve as CTC Ten Fellows in Cape Town, South Africa. The Fellowship provide high level candidates with the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to best practice methods in the field of youth development. Every attempt is made to match the interest and skills of the Fellow with the needs of the organization. As part of the local program and facility management team at the CTC Ten Safe Hub in Khayelitsha, South Africa. CTC Ten Fellows work closely with our partner organizations, and are instrumental to the success of delivery of community and life skills enhancement programs.
Responsibilities of Fellows include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in planning, implementing and managing youth and young adult targeted community enhancement, crime prevention and life skill education programs;
- Networking with community organizations to develop relationships to promote CTC Ten, its partners and the programs and services at the CTC Ten Safe Hub
- Research and identification of best practice methods for business, program and curriculum development;
- Facility management, operating as a CTC Ten liaison coordinating local service providers and incremental construction projects
- Assisting in the evaluation of curriculum and program development; and
- Marketing via social media and press releases regarding programs and events
Fellows gain valuable field and work experience in international sociology, health, economics, HIV and AIDS prevention, and sport for development best practices. Most importantly, Fellows develop meaningful, long-term relationships with communities to help build local capacity and ownership.
Fellows are selected on a competitive basis. Preferred candidates will demonstrate
- High levels of knowledge and interest in the field(s) of international development, child-care work and/or conflict-resolution;
- International travel experience;
- Leadership experience; and
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Although our Fellows come with diverse backgrounds, each Fellow embodies key character traits which are consistent throughout our previous Fellows including: flexibility, creativity, resilience, independence, cultural sensitivity and passion for working with youth.
Application Process: We are CURRENTLY accepting resumes until January 1st 2016
Openings: 2 Fellows will be selected by February 19th 2016
Length: 12 Month Fellowship
Start Date: June 2016
Finances: The Fellowship is unpaid, but CTC Ten provides for housing, living expenses, roundtrip travel to Cape Town, and reimbursement for recommended health vaccinations/shots. Included in the living expenses is a shared car and local cell phone.
We are currently accepting applications for our January and summer placements. Please contact Ryan@CTCTen.org or call Director of US Operations Ryan McGonigle at 610-312-1880 for more details.