The Executive Office of the Mayor is currently accepting applications for the Winter session for the Mayor's Leadership Engagement and Development ("L.E.A.D") D.C. program offering undergraduates and graduates, and recent graduates the chance to gain valuable work experience in one of our departments. Opportunities are vast and give selected applicants direct experience in public policy, communications, finance, law, intergovernmental affairs, and government operations. These are volunteer internships.
- Ability to commit between 10-20 hours per week
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Willingness to work in a fast paced environment
- Interest in public service
Interns will be placed into the following agencies - each providing critical functions to support the Mayor's vision for pathways to the middle class and providing services to residents of the District of Columbia.
Executive Office of the Mayor (EOM) - EOM agencies perform an array of functions including community and constituent engagement , scheduling, boards and commissions and operations.
- Chief of Staff
- Correspondence Unit
- Office of Budget and Finance
- Office of Communications
- Office of Scheduling
- Mayor's Office of Talent and Appointments
- Mayor's Office of Scheduling and Advance
- Mayor's Office of Community Affairs
Office of the Senior Advisor (OSA) - OSA leads government affairs engagement with District Council, as well as federal, regional and Congressional affairs.
- Office of Federal and Regional Affairs (OFRA)
- Office of Policy and Legislative Affairs (OPLA)
Legal Affairs - Advise on policy and legal matters for the Administration. Applicants for these positions must be law students and/or recent law graduates.
- Mayor's Office of Legal Counsel
- Office of General Counsel
Deputy Mayors by Cluster - shape district wide policy in health, economic development, economic opportunity, public safety and education and provide guidance to agencies providing services to District residents.
- Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services (DMHHS)
- Deputy Mayor for Education (DME)
- Deputy Mayor for Greater Economic Opportunity (DMGEO)
- Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED)
- Deputy Mayor for Public Safety and Justice (DMPSJ)
The program will start on Monday, January 11th and end on Friday, May 6th.
Find out more and apply here.