The following materials are required for the application:
1. Cover letter with name, major, class standing, UID, and contact information
2. A current unofficial transcript
3. One page resume of your educational and employment background that includes name of a faculty reference.
4. A writing sample, such as a short paper. Submit a copy of a paper that you are proud of.
5. A 300-500 word essay on the following question: “Given the current political climate and the increasingly politicized atmosphere in which decisions that affect the production of public policy, how can research and scholarship support the development and protection of American democracy?”