The National Governors Association (NGA) seeks a professional to join us as an Intern, Communications during the spring semester. The Office of Communications creates and coordinates the association’s communications strategies to publicize governors’ legislative activities, testimony and key events to build public support for their positions. It also provides members of the media with timely, in-depth analysis and background information on positions and issues of interest to states.
NGA is the bipartisan organization of the nation’s governors. Through NGA, governors share best practices, speak with a collective voice on national policy and develop innovative solutions that improve state government and support the principles of federalism. The NGA Center develops innovative solutions to today's most pressing public policy challenges and directly serves governors and their key policy staff.
· Draft memos and press releases;
· Conduct research and analysis drafting (e.g., briefing papers, proposals, reports);
· Assist with maintaining social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.);
· Create and edit newsletters; and
· Update internal and external websites.
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Seeking a bachelor's or master’s degree in related discipline (e.g., journalism, mass communication, public relations);
· Experience in editing and writing, especially in a strategic or persuasive capacity;
· Familiarity with social media channels
· Strong attention to detail;
· Conversant in AP Style; and
· Possesses the ability to work independently with little direction.
Click here for more information and to apply.