EMPEA is seeking an entry-level, full time Research Analyst to support its efforts to produce industry statistics and research content for private equity practitioners, institutional investors and related stakeholders. EMPEA’s statistics are widely used as industry reference data and disseminated in the market via proprietary publications, media coverage, conference and workshop content and the EMPEA website.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated, high-energy team of individuals with an outstanding track record. Despite its professional stature, this is a team that rolls up its sleeves and is extremely hands-on. The culture is supportive and team-oriented, but in common with the industry it serves, standards are extremely high, and excellence is a daily requirement rather than the exception.
The Research Analyst’s primary responsibility will be improving the quality of data in EMPEA’s proprietary database of private equity firms, funds, investments and exits by:
- Systematically collecting data through third-party sources as well as through direct communication with EMPEA members and other industry stakeholders;
- Interpreting and entering this information in EMPEA’s proprietary database and knowledge management systems;
- Contributing to the ongoing improvement of EMPEA’s data management systems; and
- Cultivating relationships with EMPEA member firms to support direct data collection efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in statistics, mathematics, economics, finance, or similar
- 1 year work experience, ideally in a data-intensive research capacity
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated primary and secondary research skills
- Proven analytical ability and attentiveness to detail
- Strong desire to learn about the private equity industry
- Ability to thrive in close-knit team environments
EMPEA offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package and an exciting team environment.
Target start date is Spring 2016.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by 5:00pm EDT, January 15, 2016.
- Submissions should be addressed to the attention of Molly Brister, Manager, Research, here.
- Only applications that include a cover letter will be considered.
- No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.