Please note: The schedule for this internship runs from Wednesday through Sunday.
- Assists producers in putting together the weekly programs
- Pitches and researches story ideas
- Researches long- and short-term projects for the hosts
- Pre-interviews guests for news, feature and book interviews
- Sets up interviews by coordinating and booking studio time at NPR and remote locations
- Tasks also include routine administrative work, such as sorting the mail
- Strong research, writing and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter who enjoys following the news, working independently and finding the quirky and unexpected story
In addition to standard application materials, candidates should upload/attach an exceptional cover letter.
Semester: Summer 2016: 6/6/16 –8/5/16
Application Deadline: 1/3/16